The Secretariat is the administrative function of IARU, acting as a central point for all enquiries and providing support for all the different aspects of the Alliance.
The Secretariat of IARU, along with the Chair, moves between the member universities every two years and it has been based at University of Cambridge since April 2021.
The work of the Secretariat encompasses:
- Facilitating communication between the Presidents, Senior Officers, groups and initiatives.
- Organising the annual Presidents’ Meeting and Senior Officers’ Meeting.
- Publicising events, important information and opportunities.
- Handling the administration relating to IARU Courses and IARU Joint Online Courses, the Global Internship Programme, and the Novo Nordisk International Talent Program.
- Assisting and supporting the work of the groups and initiatives, where possible.
- Managing financial matters, including the processing of invoices for groups and initiatives.