Global Transformation Roundtable - Asia & Africa in Transition
The roundtable discussion 'Strengthening Institutional Capacities for Trans-Continental Collaborations with African or Asian Research and Education Hubs' will be held by IARU's Global Transformation Group on 28 June at 'Asia & Africa in Transition' - a two-day conference at the University of Copenhagen.
The aim of the roundtable is to establish a forum for exchange and networking among research and education programs with a focus on Asia or Africa that span across continents. The goal is to share information, experiences, inspire each other and pave the way for future collaboration. The key topics for the roundtable are:
- Innovative formats for collaboration and institutional benefits
- Insights into how partners found each other and started the collaboration
- Challenges with trans-continental collaborations - examples of projects/ideas that did not work and learning outcomes
- Advice for universities engaged in trans-continental collaborations
- Suggestions on how to strengthen current collaborations and how to start new ones
Invited presentations will be given by speakers from the University of Cape Town, the National University of Singapore, University of California, Berkeley, Ashesi University Ghana, ETH Zurich and the University of Copenhagen (full details available online).
The roundtable will be held on 28 June, 15:45-17:45 (GMT+2) and will have a hybrid format (online and in-person).
You can join the audience for the roundtable by registering online (for free) for the conference.
The full conference programme is also available.